Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud el-Feisal walked out this evening from the "Friends of Syria" conference, deeming it a washout.
Following are some of the remarks he reportedly made at the conference before walking out dismayed at the purple prose of its closing statement:
- Will the Syrian people see us stand up and be counted or will we suffice with token declarations
- Is it humane that we suffice with offering relief aid while keeping Syrians at the mercy of a killing machine?
- The Syrian regime has lost its legitimacy and is akin to an occupation authority
- The only solution to the crisis is the transfer of authority willingly or otherwise
- My country cannot be party to any action that won't lead to the prompt protection of Syrian people
- Arming the Syrian opposition is an excellent proposition